Election Information


If you can't find the answers to your questions on this page, visit the Secretary of State's elections and voting page.

Where to Vote

Voting for the Nov. 7, 2023, School District Special Election will be held at the May Town Hall: 13939 Norell Ave N, Stillwater, MN 55082

In regular election years, City of Marine on St. Croix has a single precinct, voting at the Marine Village Hall, 121 Judd St., Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota  55047.

Not sure where you vote?  Use the Polling Place Finder on the Minnesota Secretary of State's web site or contact the city office at 651 433-2274.   

Stillwater School District Election

Marine residents can vote for one school board seat and a bond question on November 7.


School Board

Chris Lauer
Jessica L. Johnson

Candidates are placed on the ballot without party designation.


Bond Question

Shall the board of Independent School District No. 834 (Stillwater Area Public Schools), Minnesota be authorized to issue general obligation school building bonds in an amount not to exceed $174,845,000 for acquisition and betterment of school sites and facilities including, but not limited to, replacing Lake Elmo Elementary School with a new building, replacing Andersen Elementary School with a new building, construction of additional classroom space and a new gymnasium at Oak-Land Middle School and safety and security improvements throughout district facilities, including a secured front entrance addition and remodel at Stillwater Area High School?



What districts do Marine residents vote in?

Marine residents vote for representatives of the following election districts: 

  • Congressional District:  8
  • Minnesota Senate District:  33
  • Minnesota House District:  33B
  • Judicial District:  10
  • Washington County Commissioner District:  1
  • School District 834 (Stillwater)
You may use the Polling Place Finder on the Secretary of State's website to locate your districts and polling place. 

Registering to Vote

If you were previously registered to vote in Marine, and have voted at least once in during the last four years, you are already registered.  If you moved since you voted last, even if it is just to a new address within the city, you must update your registration. 

More information on registering to vote can be found on the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.   Download forms from that site, or contact the city or county offices.